Today, outdoor LED displays dominate the advertising field. According to the different needs of each project, such as the choice of pixels, resolution, price, playback content, display lifespan, and front or rear maintenance, there will be different trade-offs.
Of course, the load-bearing capacity of the installation site, the ambient brightness, the viewing distance and viewing angle of the audience, the weather conditions, whether it’s rainproof, whether it’s well ventilated, and other external conditions. So what are the key pionts to be concerned when purchasing outdoor advertising LED display? The following you can find some suggestions from JYVISIONS.
- Content details. The aspect ratio of the screen is determined according to the content. The most commonly used content are 4:3 or 16:9, in this case the outdoor advertising LED screen should be better with same ratio. Since many screen owners are making tailored content, it is not a must in this to make the screen with standard ratio, the content can be made same resolution as of the screen resolution, in this case the screen does perfectly match the content ratio.
- Viewing distance and viewing angle. Minimum viewing distance from the nearest audience to the screen is a key factor to determine what pixel pitch is needed; Viewing angle isn’t an issue in most cases since SMD LED lamp has over 110 degrees of viewing angle (brightness decrease to 50%). Since outdoor advertising screens need to work in the daytime under sunshine, the brightness of the screen need to be over 5000nits, in some areas it will needs higher brightness up to 8000nits.
- The outer shape of the building . LED screens can be well shaped according to the building outer appearance, now outdoor right angle screen, curve screen are all available, but to get a proper quote from the manufacturer, it is a must to have the infomation of the outer appearence of building.
- It is necessary to pay attention to the fire safety of the installation site, the energy saving standards of the project, etc. Of course, when choosing, brand factors, LED screen quality, product after-sales services and other aspects are all important factors to be considered. The LED screen is installed outdoors, often exposed to the sun and rain, wind and thunder, and the working environment is harsh. Wetting or severe dampness of electronic equipment can cause short circuit or even fire, causing failure and resulting in huge loss. Therefore, the requirement on the structure is to take into account the weather conditions, and be able to protect against wind, rain, and lightning.
- Requirements for the installation site. Select industrial-grade integrated circuit chips with working temperature between -40°C and 80°C to prevent the outdoor advertising LED screen from being blackout due to the low temperature in winter. Install ventilation equipment to cool down the system, so that the internal temperature of the screen is between -10 ℃ ~ 40 ℃.
- Cost control. The power consumption of the display is a factor that must be considered.
Find related projects done by PixLED, click here.
If you are a new to the outdoor advertising LED display, please contact any JYVISIONS sales at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate support.